Colfax Community Network
Many families living in poverty in the Denver area are forced to live in motels as a temporary solution to homelessness. While motels provide immediate shelter, the high cost of motel rent and the inability to secure the necessary funds for permanent housing often hold families in the “motel trap.”
Conditions are often unsanitary, dangerous and overcrowded, leading to great distress for families, especially those with children.
Colfax Community Network advocates for and works on behalf of children and families residing in low-income, transient housing (primarily residential motels) along Colfax Avenue by providing information, services and programs to strengthen and improve family and community life.
How You Can Help Today!
- Donate items for our weekly motel outreach (Access to Services Project) such as; travel-sized hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.), razors, deoderant, toliet paper, powder laundry detergent, etc.
- Volunteer your time with our After School Program.
- Send a check to the P.O. Box listed on the website. Your donation is tax deductible and you will receive a letter detailing your donation.
- Donate gas cards to help cover the cost of gas for outreach services and children programming.
- Donate Office Depot, Staples or Office Max gift cards to help cover the cost of office supplies.
- As always, we are still accepting donations of non-perishable food, gently used clothing and office supplies.