CCN Sponsored Summer Food and Recreation Sites
All children ages 18 and under may participate.
The following sites are open to the public:
MLK Library 9898 E. Colfax Ave. Aurora, Co 80010 May 28-August 5
Program: 11:45am-1:30pm Food: 11:45am-12:15pm
New Freedom Park 8890 E. 13th Ave Denver Co 80220 May 28-August 5
Program: 12:30pm-2:00pm Food: 12:30-1:15pm
Shadow Tree Apartments 1800 Billings St Aurora, CO 80011 May 28-August 5
Program: 10:00am-12:00pm Food: 11:00am-11:30pm
St. Pius X Catholic Parish 13670 E. 13th Place Aurora, CO 80011 June 10-Aug 3
Program: 11:00am-1:00pm Food: 12:00-1:00pm
Villa Verde Apartments 1640 Alton St. Aurora, Co 80010 June 10-Aug 5
Program: 11:00am-1:00pm Food: 11:00am-12:00pm
Montclair United Methodist Church 1195 Newport, Denver Co 800220 June 17-Aug 28
Program: 11:30am-1:30pm Food: 12:00-1:00pm
Spencer Garrett Park 16th Ave and Joliet Aurora, Co 80010 June 17-Aug 5
Program: 12:00pm-2:00pm Food: 1:00-2:00pm
St. Stephans Episcopal Church 1 Del Mar Circle Aurora, Co 80011 July 8-12 and 15-19
Colfax Community Network Summer Camp 1585 Kingston St. Aurora, Co 80010 May 28-Aug 5
9:30am-3:30pm 9:30am breakfast 12:00pm lunch
Colfax Community Network
Many families living in poverty in the Denver area are forced to live in motels as a temporary solution to homelessness. While motels provide immediate shelter, the high cost of motel rent and the inability to secure the necessary funds for permanent housing often hold families in the “motel trap.”
Conditions are often unsanitary, dangerous and overcrowded, leading to great distress for families, especially those with children.
Colfax Community Network advocates for and works on behalf of children and families residing in low-income, transient housing (primarily residential motels) along Colfax Avenue by providing information, services and programs to strengthen and improve family and community life.
How You Can Help Today!
- Donate items for our weekly motel outreach (Access to Services Project) such as; travel-sized hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.), razors, deoderant, toliet paper, powder laundry detergent, etc.
- Volunteer your time with our After School Program.
- Send a check to the P.O. Box listed on the website. Your donation is tax deductible and you will receive a letter detailing your donation.
- Donate gas cards to help cover the cost of gas for outreach services and children programming.
- Donate Office Depot, Staples or Office Max gift cards to help cover the cost of office supplies.
- As always, we are still accepting donations of non-perishable food, gently used clothing and office supplies.